Our outfitter services include guided waterfowl hunts in flooded rice and bean fields, as well as Self Guided Daily Pit Leases during both duck season & the snow goose conservation season. We know that a good experience with an Outfitter goes far beyond just the number of birds harvested at the end of the day. From the planning stages, to the hunt, to the camaraderie in the blind, these are just a few of the things that make-up a quality experience from start to finish, & we strive to make every part of your trip with us, that we can control, to be enjoyable at the highest level.
Hunting Setup Opportunities
While most of our hunting opportunities come out of large heated pits in rice and bean fields, we also hunt out of MOmarsh™ Invisichairs, MOmarsh™ AT-X Invisilays, layout boats, layout blinds, tree-line blinds, and skid blinds whenever the birds present us the opportunity, giving us an edge over many other outfitters that are tied down to stationary pits all season long.
While hunting in the flooded rice & bean fields of Southeast Missouri, the time frame of which your hunt takes place will greatly determine the waterfowl which you are most likely to have the opportunity to bag. Early season hunts tend to bring a more mixed bag, while late season hunts tend to focus more heavily on the notorious green-headed Mallard. Mallards, gadwall, green-winged teal, northern shovelers, & pintails are the most common ducks that we encounter on a day to day basis. Specklebelly geese as well as Snow Geese are also a very likely possibility while hunting the flooded fields.
Included in Your Guided Hunt
- Professional, Experienced, & Friendly Waterfowl Guides - Some days a single guide may go with you, but some days multiple guides may accompany your group to give you the best possible hunt! Many times it helps to have as many seasoned callers in a pit as possible in the vast exapanses of the prairie.
- Proven Field Options spread throughout our Area, including both rice & bean fields that are managed all year specifically for duck & goose season
- Fresh Coffee to Drink Before your Hunts at the Fowl Lifestyle HQ
- Large Decoy Spreads, Well Brushed Pits & Blinds, Motion Decoys, & Mojo Outdoors Spinning Wing Decoys When Appropriate
- Ice Eaters to Ensure Open Water No Matter How Cold it May Get During Your Trip to Guarantee the Best Possible Opportunities
- Multiple Heaters Inside our Pits during cold snaps to Provide Maximum Comfort on those Extra Cold Days in the Field
- Constant Scouting by our Guides Before & During your Trip to the Bootheel which allows us to adapt our spreads, tactics, as well as locations
- Hunting on Proven Private Ground that is carefully managed all season specifically for waterfowl